Custom filter only working internally, not externally

feelie75

Registered
Feb 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I set up a myfilter file in /usr/local/cpanel/etc/exim/sysfilter/options/ and enabled it and saved it via WHM. It just checks for "[email protected]" and does a 'deliver [email protected]'.

It works great if I send an email from [email protected] to [email protected], but if I send an email from my gmail account to [email protected] it bounces with "No such user".

Why is the filter working from within the same domain, but from external sources, the filter isn't being triggered?

I'm using exim 4.80.1 #2, on a CentOS 6.5 Final server (hosted by inmotion hosting).

Any ideas? Maybe I need a different solution. My boss keeps giving out the wrong email address so I want to just build in an alias to redirect incoming emails to the wrong address to his proper email address.

Thanks!

feelie75

Registered
Feb 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
no, I hadn't created the foobar account. It worked without doing that, internally. That crossed my mind, so I DID subsequently create a foobar email via cpanel, and now when I email it from internally... oh hey, it works! both internally and externally!

I guess I hadn't retried all my tests after I actually created the account.

Well, that's good to know. a little confusing though why it would work internally without the account being created. I'm sure there's an interesting explanation for that, but I'm satisfied that it does work now :)... thanks!