The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Custom filter only working internally, not externally

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by feelie75, Feb 19, 2014.

1. feelie75

feelie75 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I set up a myfilter file in /usr/local/cpanel/etc/exim/sysfilter/options/ and enabled it and saved it via WHM. It just checks for "foobar@whatever.com" and does a 'deliver mygmail@gmail.com'.

It works great if I send an email from blah@whatever.com to foobar@whatever.com, but if I send an email from my gmail account to foobar@whatever.com it bounces with "No such user".

Why is the filter working from within the same domain, but from external sources, the filter isn't being triggered?

I'm using exim 4.80.1 #2, on a CentOS 6.5 Final server (hosted by inmotion hosting).

Any ideas? Maybe I need a different solution. My boss keeps giving out the wrong email address so I want to just build in an alias to redirect incoming emails to the wrong address to his proper email address.

Thanks!

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
  3. feelie75

feelie75 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    no, I hadn't created the foobar account. It worked without doing that, internally. That crossed my mind, so I DID subsequently create a foobar email via cpanel, and now when I email it from internally... oh hey, it works! both internally and externally!

I guess I hadn't retried all my tests after I actually created the account.

Well, that's good to know. a little confusing though why it would work internally without the account being created. I'm sure there's an interesting explanation for that, but I'm satisfied that it does work now :)... thanks!