The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Custom name servers for reseller

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by taproot, Jun 27, 2009.

1. taproot

taproot Well-Known Member

I just setup my first reseller.. yay! However they want to use custom name servers under their domain. I know this is possible, but not sure how to pull it off with WHM. Anyone got a good tutorial or how to do this via WHM?

I imagine they need to setup the DNS for the domain they want to use to point to the same IP as my current name servers, but I also imagine there are some setting some where in WHM that needs to be setup to accept this name server alias?

Cheers,
    TR

2. UBERHOST

UBERHOST Well-Known Member

First ask them if they've registered their nameservers with their domain registrar. Wait 24 hours after this has been done, then edit their DNS zone file, replacing your NS records with their nameservers. Add 2 records for their nameserver "A" records (typcially ns1 and ns2) using your nameserver IP addresses. Once this is done and saved then you can revise the default nameservers used when this reseller creates an account.

Main >> Resellers >> Reseller Center >> Edit Privileges/Nameservers

That's it, unless they already have users that need to be switched to their custom nameservers.

Rick

3. UBERHOST

UBERHOST Well-Known Member

Glad to help! :)