The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

custom option on Create a New Account

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by adm.iuri, May 8, 2008.

1. adm.iuri

adm.iuri Member

Hello,

Is possible to add a new option on 'Create a New Account'? If yes, will this option passed to /scripts/postwwwacct as a hash value?

I mean I want a option called 'Enable RAILS' under settings that will be handled by /scripts/postwwwacct, so the script can enable RoR by verifying this option. I know that is possible to hack it by using predefined named package, but I have more than 10 packages and I don't want to duplicate each one to 'package_name+rails'

thanks in advance

2. DaveUsedToWorkHere

DaveUsedToWorkHere Well-Known Member

This would not be possible as you're asking to add a variable inside the cPanel code itself. There is currently no additional value associated with an account that describes added features.

The way this is intended to be done is as you noted by using a feature listed with RoR enabled and associating that with a specific package. There is not currently a way to modify a specific feature list feature for an account through the api / hooks.

3. adm.iuri

adm.iuri Member

Ok,
    thank you for response.