The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Custom php install with freetds

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by totaltec, Apr 6, 2005.

1. totaltec

totaltec Registered

A client has requested us to install freetds on our freebsd/cpanel box.,

As of now (and most of you will obviously know), the php module included with apache is compiled as follows:

./configure' '--with-apxs=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs' '--with-xml' '--enable-bcmath' '--enable-calendar' '--enable-ftp' '--enable-magic-quotes' '--with-mysql' '--enable-discard-path' '--with-pear' '--enable-sockets' '--enable-track-vars' '--enable-versioning' '--with-zlib'

Our client requires it to be compiled as follows: (this example is taken from a redhat compile thus the obvious things will differ)

./configure --host=i686-pc-linux-gnu --build=i686-pc-linux-gnu --target=i686-redhat-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr/local/php --with-config-file-path=/usr/local/php --enable-force-cgi-redirect --disable-debug --enable-pic --disable-rpath --enable-inline-optimization --with-db4 --with-dom=/usr --with-exec-dir=/usr/bin --with-freetype-dir=/usr --with-png-dir=/usr --with-gd --enable-gd-native-ttf --with-ttf --with-gdbm --with-gettext --with-ncurses --with-gmp --with-iconv --with-jpeg-dir=/usr --with-png --with-regex=system --with-xml --with-expat-dir=/usr --with-zlib --with-layout=GNU --enable-bcmath --enable-exif --enable-ftp --enable-magic-quotes --enable-safe-mode --enable-sockets --enable-sysvsem --enable-sysvshm --enable-discard-path --enable-track-vars --enable-trans-sid --enable-wddx --with-mssql=/usr/local/FreeTDS --with-pcre-regex --with-mysql=shared --enable-memory-limit --enable-bcmath --enable-shmop --

AFAIK I cannot do this the way the things are at the moment.

What options do I have to be able to achieve this? What is the possibility of rebuilding Apache _without_ mod_php, and then installing php seperatly and then adding what needs adding to apaches conf ?

Any help or suggestions on this matter are hightly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    Rob.