The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Custom POST variables in scripts/standardized WHM Hooks

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by pijulius, Jan 10, 2012.

1. pijulius

pijulius Member

Hi Guys,

I read as much as I could about hooks in whm and specially I would need to add my own hook after an account has been created.

It was very easy to set up a post script hook by simply creating the
    Code:
    /usr/local/cpanel/scripts/postwwwacct
    file and this works perfectly but now here is the problem I'm facing:

I have some custom input fields in the
    Code:
    /local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/templates/createacct.tmpl
    file and I would need to access those input values from the hook script but unfortunately the only variables that get forwarded to the hook script are:
    cPanel & WHM Script Hooks

I also saw that there are Standardized Hooks but unfortunately we only have WHM 11.30 and the standardized hooks have been only introduced in 11.32 so I can't test that too so my question would be:

Can I access custom POST variables from a script or standardized hook and if so what would be the best way to do it.

Thanks in advance!

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
  3. pijulius

pijulius Member

Yes, I think it is. The two topics don't really have anything to do with eachother. One is to add custom fields to a template without modifying the template and the other is about using those custom fields from a hook. I managed to do the first by modifying the template (as I haven't found any way to set the custom_fields from outside the template file let say from another hook or API) but now even if I have my fields set into the template file I can't access them from the hooks so I think this is a totally different matter/question.