The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Custom Round Cube Database Name After Corruption

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by thesoundbully39, Jan 11, 2015.

1. thesoundbully39

thesoundbully39 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Good evening,

I have a server that wound up having some MySQL corruption due to a backup restoration issue (long story). In any case, some tables in the "roundcube" database were lost and the database had to be recreated as "roundcubenew". The old database cannot be removed because the issue is in ibdata1, so using the original name is not an option.

Round cube is configured and functioning through webmail.servername.com, however it does require you to login twice. (Once at webmail login, once at round cube.)

If I force a reinstall of round cube, will it be smart enough to replace the config file and maintain the new database name going forward? And, would this fix the double login issue?

The reason why I am asking and not just "trying" right away is because it took a lot of work just to get to this point and I don't want to backtrack. Thankful for any advice.

Tyler

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Are you sure this is the case? What issue do you encounter when attempting to remove the existing roundcube database?

Thank you.

3. thesoundbully39

thesoundbully39 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi Michael. Yes, I am sure. Attempting to remove the database results in a "MySQL dropped the connection" error. It is a data issue that stemmed from a modified /var/lib/mysql. The only way to fully resolve would be to dump everything, force recreate ibdata, and then rebuild.

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I suggest converting Roundcube to SQLite if you are unable to remove or repair the original database name to avoid future problems:

Code:
    /usr/local/cpanel/scripts/convert_roundcube_mysql2sqlite
    Thank you.