The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Custom settings for FTP

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ne0shell, Feb 9, 2004.

1. ne0shell

ne0shell Well-Known Member

I asked support this question which they replied falls outside thier realm, which I dont understand given an application they include with cPanel has been customized to the point where it does not function according to the applications guides.

I want to provide an FTP backup service to my cPanel clients and i need to be able to RE-enable fxp in pro or pureftpd or both. Ive tried the conf files, Ive tried sysconfig nothign seems to work. Does anyone have a definative answer on this one? It doesnt make sense not to be able to use a feature built into teh original app. I can install a different FTP daemon but I want to have teh cpanel integration for settings and user specific setup.

2. nickn

nickn Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

With PureFTPd :

Set "AllowUserFXP" to "yes" in pure-ftpd.conf

With ProFTPd :

Place "AllowForeignAddress on" in the Global or VirtualHost context. The config will happily support "AllowForeignAddress on" in multiple places within the config. You may need to add the following "PassivePorts 49152 65534".