Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Custom spamd options

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by MediaServe, Jul 6, 2007.

1. MediaServe

MediaServe Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    I'd like to allow one of our CPanel servers to serve as a remote spam assassin host for SmarterMail running on Windows. (Yes, I can run SpamAssassin on the Windows box, but it's single threaded on Windows, and a huge CPU hog. You never know when it's going to cripple the server.)

In order to do this, spamd must be told, via --listen-ip=0.0.0.0, to listen on more than just the default 127.0.0.1, so the Windows server can connect to it.

I've hacked /scripts/RestartSrv.pm, function getspamdopts(), to allow me to specify a "listenip" directive in /etc/cpspamd.conf. It works fine, but will obviously be overwritten by cpanel updates.

I figure I can turn updates off, perform them manually from time to time, and re-hack RestartSrv.pm after, but I'd rather not.

I wonder if anyone has any ideas for a better solution?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. sabarishks

sabarishks Active Member

Try setting an attribute for the file /etc/cpspamd.conf and see how it goes.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...