The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Custom Suspension Page?

Discussion in 'User Experience' started by Mr.I, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Mr.I

Mr.I Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    I am trying to get suspension pages working for a client, he has a reseller account with a company and he wants a custom suspension page.

So I open up his WHM and login then go to web template editor then go to suspended page and make all the changes he wanted, I save this - then I suspend a client of his to test it and when I visit their website it is just the default cPanel suspension page.

How to fix this?

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

I am unable to reproduce this behavior on my machine. Can you please try submitting a ticket via your provider to see what might not be working? I did the following for testing:

1. Created a reseller in WHM > Reseller Center > Add Reseller Privilege
    2. Added ownership of an account to that reseller in WHM > Modify an Account area by selecting an account and picking that new reseller for the "Account Owner" dropdown
    3. Logged in as that reseller to WHM
    4. Went to WHM > Web Template Editor > Account Suspended section
    5. Modified that suspended page and clicked the "Save" button
    6. Went to WHM > Suspend/Unsuspend an Account section and suspended the domain
    7. Went to the domain in a browser where the new suspension page was showing.

Additionally, the page did save to /var/cpanel/webtemplates/reselleruser/english/suspended.tmpl location on the machine where reselleruser is the username for my reseller.

3. sneader

sneader Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    As an FYI, I'm having a similar problem, but with the root account. In WHM, I've edited the Suspended page and saved, and I can see that my /var/cpanel/webtemplates/root/english/suspended.tmpl has changed to what I want to use... but when I visit a suspended site (verified to be owned by 'root', verified to point to the right IP), it still shows the default suspended page.

Just in case something was cached, I tried it on different browsers, different machines, different buildings. The default page still shows up.

Open to ideas here.

- Scott

4. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello Scott,

Opening up a ticket would be the best idea I can think of doing on this one.

Thanks!

5. Lisaweb

Lisaweb Registered

Hi Tristan! I am having the same problem. Was this ever resolved? If so, how can I fix it?

Thanks much!
    Lisa

6. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    There were two issues mentioned in this thread. Could you let us know the specific problem you are experiencing?

Thank you.