Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Custom Task Queue

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by alexis_, Sep 13, 2017.

1. alexis_

alexis_ Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

I'm new here, i'm developing a cPanel plugin and I'm wondering if it's possible to use the cPanel queue mechanism to create custom task ?

I found this page, but I'm not sure it's possible to create custom task with this : The Task Queue System - Version 66 Documentation - cPanel Documentation

I want to use the cPanel queue mechanism to create custom queue and jobs. For instance, my cPanel plugin will add something in a specific queue and a (custom) daemon will unqueue this and do the job.

The job will be defined by me, it's not something that cPanel provides like restarting the webserver.

Is it possible ?

Right now, I will probably to this with some custom code and store the jobs "list" in the mysql database, but I think it will be more elegant to use the cPanel queue mechanism if it's possible.

Thank you.

2. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
  3. alexis_

alexis_ Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi,

Thank a lot for your answer, it's a good new !
    I'm not familiar with Perl but I will take a look, I think it will worth my time as I don't want to implement (and monitor) a queue system myself.