The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Custom templates that will apply to a single virtual host when rebuilding an existing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by haulpd, May 27, 2011.

1. haulpd

haulpd Member

I do like the link below:

Changes Contained within a VirtualHost Directive

but i don't understand step 5 where:

Code:
    Use the following script to add the necessary information to the data structure:

perl -MYAML::Syck -e 'my $hr = YAML::Syck::LoadFile($ARGV[0]);$hr->{$ARGV[1]} = $ARGV[2];YAML::Syck::DumpFile($ARGV[0],$hr);' /var/cpanel/userdata/$username/$domainname $key $path/to/template 
    how to do this ?

Thanks

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Re: Custom templates that will apply to a single virtual host when rebuilding an exis

Hello :)

You would simply run the following via the command line as root:

Code:
    perl -MYAML::Syck -e 'my $hr = YAML::Syck::LoadFile($ARGV[0]);$hr->{$ARGV[1]} = $ARGV[2];YAML::Syck::DumpFile($ARGV[0],$hr);' /var/cpanel/userdata/$username/$domainname $key $path/to/template
    Any value that begins with the "$" symbol, you would replace that with the specific entry. EX:

"$username" would be replaced with the actual cPanel username.
    "$domainname" would be replaced with the domain name you are editing the VirtualHost for.
    "$path/to/template" would be replaced with the exact path to the template file moved during step 4.

The $key value should be:

custom_vhost_template_ap1 for Apache 1
    custom_vhost_template_ap2 for Apache 2

Let's say you were making this change for the "test01.com" domain name on the "test01" account and the system uses Apache 2. The custom template file from step 4 would have been moved to "/var/cpanel/templates/custom-directory/vhost.local" in this scenario. The command would be:

Code:
    perl -MYAML::Syck -e 'my $hr = YAML::Syck::LoadFile($ARGV[0]);$hr->{$ARGV[1]} = $ARGV[2];YAML::Syck::DumpFile($ARGV[0],$hr);' /var/cpanel/userdata/test01/test01.com custom_vhost_template_ap2 /var/cpanel/templates/custom-directory/vhost.local

Thank you.