The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Custom theme dissappeared after recent WHM/Cpanel update?

Discussion in 'User Experience' started by nootkan, Feb 28, 2016.

1. nootkan

nootkan Well-Known Member

Just wondering what happened to my custom theme ball that I had uploaded quite a long time ago that has always been there still after upgrades to newer versions of whm/cpanel. Did you guys change something that only allows the default theme balls to migrate when a newer version is upgraded from the old one? I'm not sure I can even remember how to change it back now so any advice or points in the right direction would surely help.

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
  3. nootkan

Thanks infopro, I figured it was something to that effect. How do we brand the new default theme as I see no where in the whm backend to change the css or images like we could before with x3? I made some changes to the branding>>paper lantern page but the logo doesn't show up where I'd like it to and I can't find anywhere to download the css file so I can make changes to it and upload it back to the cpanel directory. I found this page but it doesn't really provide detailed information on how to upload images or changes without using the cli (ssh). Guide to cPanel Interface Customization - cPanel Style Development - Software Development Kit - cPanel Documentation

Infopro likes this.
  4. Infopro

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Those docs are useful for making your own custom Paper Lantern style. Modifications are different than what you could do in X3, yes.

5. nootkan

Infopro, where do I find the css and image files so I can modify them and add them to the customization folder? Surely I don't have to start over from scratch. The path (cPanel_magic_revision_1456290718) I see when looking at the page source isn't anywhere to be found on my server.
    example.com:2083/cPanel_magic_revision_1456290718/frontend/paper_lantern/css2-min/index_retro.css

I tried to open the link above but it won't open so I can't even use that css file to modify.

#5 nootkan, Feb 29, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 29, 2016
  6. nootkan

I was able to make modifications using configserver explorer but obviously they will be overwritten during the next upgrade so it would be nice to figure out how to create the right directories and files inside the customization folder like the tutorial talks about. However, everything I've tried so far following the tutorial has failed. Hopefully someone here can help me find my way as I must be close.

7. Infopro

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    I posted a reply a few weeks ago in a similar thread:
    override style css

Are you able to get that far by changing at least the background color, as in my post there?