Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Custom Transport Script for Backups using ssh and scp?

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by Markif, Jun 11, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Markif

Markif Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello Marco,

I don't see any reports from customers offering a SCP custom transport script, but I'll leave this thread open for user-feedback from others that may have created one.

Additionally, feel free to expand upon the specific issues you are facing when using the SFTP destination type and we can help troubleshoot the cause of the problem.

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Markif

Markif Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello Michael,

The problem is that Synology DSM seems to have problems with the "SFTP subsystem" since some of there security updates.
    On their forums there is a lot about this, and some solutions too, but I did not get it to work and they seems not to survive synology updates...
    Second problem is that the data has to pass by a firewall appliance where we have to choose between SSH or SFTP...
    Incomming SSH en SCP work fine in the combination.
    Incomming SFTP gives a "subsystem error 0" error in the DSM 6.x system without more information.
    That is why I tryed looking for a SSH/SCP version

Thanks.
    Marco

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello Marco,

Thank you for the additional information. While we don't have a specific SCP backup transport example to provide, I encourage you to open a feature request if you'd like to see a native SCP backup destination option included in the product:

Submit A Feature Request

You can also find a list of companies offering system administration services should you not receive a user-submitted example:

System Administration Services | cPanel Forums

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...