The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Custom variable in postwwwacct hook

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by everynameistake, Oct 16, 2010.

1. everynameistake

We use clientexec as our front end billing system. When a customer signs up we use the postwwwacct hook in WHM to run a script that creates their website, configures their shopping cart and loads the products for them to sell. We would like for them to choose the category of products that they want loaded when they sign up and have clientexec pass a variable to WHM so that postwwwwacct script can process accordingly.

Does whm have the capability to receive a variable value from clientexec and pass it to postwwwacct?

2. cPanelDavidN

cPanelDavidN Integration Developer
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi,

There is not a method to pass a custom variable to /scripts/postwwwacct. That being said, it may be possible to trap custom variables in a prewwwacct script, store them to file, and retrieve them from file in postwwwacct. But, that may still required some tweaking...

I've never tried this, and I not certain that it'd work. Additionally, I've never used clientexec before, so I'm not sure which method of account creation it's using; what custom integration capabilities are available.

I'll investigate further and report back. In the meantime, anyone else please feel free to chime in.

Regards,
    -DavidN

3. everynameistake

For account creation we call the 'createacct' function, using the json-api.