The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Customer Claims mail settings are correct but can't relay thru server.

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by networxhosting, Oct 31, 2006.

1. networxhosting

networxhosting Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

I have a client that claims that they have the correct mail settings yet they are unable to send mail.

2006-10-30 09:02:31 H=(legumex.com) [66.244.210.156] F=<Louise@legumex.com> rejected RCPT <afernandez@cftcorp.com
    >: (legumex.com) [66.244.210.156] is currently not permitted to relay through this server. Perhaps you have not l
    ogged into the pop/imap server in the last 30 minutes or do not have SMTP Authentication turned on in your email
    client.
    2006-10-30 09:06:02 no IP address found for host h66-244-210-156.bigpipeinc.com (during SMTP connection from (leg
    umex.com) [66.244.210.156])

BTW, I created a test account on the server and had no trouble sending mail thru the server.

Any ideas?

2. inanna

inanna Member

Looks like exactly what the error message says. Unless you have "server requires authentication" checked under sendmail you need to check mail before sending.

3. networxhosting

networxhosting Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

I saw the Outlook settings. "My server requires authentication" was checked and all the settings were correct. It turns out they were using some firewall router which was blocking the Authentication.