Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Customized webmail problem

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by mark16, Jan 27, 2009.

1. mark16

mark16 Registered

Does anyone know if cPanel have made a major change preventing external scripts from being able to access email via IMAP?

I have a webmail package installed on a cPanel domain and it's being working perfectly fine for just under 2 years - until Jan 20 2009.

I have installed this due to the webmail packaged with cPanel not being available in the language some of my customers use.

Since Jan 20 2009, the php command imap_open has given an error about it not being able to establish a connection. Also a version of Roundcube which I was in the middle of translating, also now can not connect, but it worked perfectly fine. Returning Roundcube back to the untranslated version also doesn't work (so I know i can't have messed up any PHP).

I am able to connect via POP3, but not IMAP.

Jan 20 was a week ago and I've since moved the domain to another cPanel host - only to discover the same error there. I am able to check email on the server which the webmail script is on - just not any other servers (even though I've been able to do this before).

Having copied the webmail script, to a non-cPanel PHP account - I can check everything perfectly fine. Only obviously I'd rather be the server managed using cPanel.

Using Roundcube on a cPanel hosted domain http://mydomain/webmail and using Roundcube from the 3 available - works perfectly fine there, just not the version I had uploaded to translate.

Does anyone know if cPanel have made a major change preventing external scripts from being able to access email via IMAP?

2. mark16

mark16 Registered

Anyone else found this problem yet?