Customizing notification template doesn't work

Eran101

Registered
Jun 4, 2017
Israel
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi all,

I tried to customize the notification template called "BandwidthUsageExceeded" (when the account exceeds or about to exceed the bandwidth limit).
I followed the instructions on:
Notification Templates - Version 64 Documentation - cPanel Documentation
It doesn't work when I try to change User.html.tmpl or main.html.tmpl
I copied the folder in the attached zip to /usr/local/cpanel/etc/icontacts_templates as written on the instructions.
I would also like to know how send a CC of the customized alert email to the reseller of this account.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello,

To customize the bandwidth exceeded notification, you'd copy the template to the /var/cpanel/templates/icontact_templates/ directory with a command such as this:

Code:
cp -a /usr/local/cpanel/etc/icontact_templates/BandwidthUsageExceeded /var/cpanel/templates/icontact_templates/
Then, you'd modify the template files within /var/cpanel/templates/icontact_templates/BandwidthUsageExceeded to customize the notification. Also, remember to copy over the include and wrapper directories:

Code:
cp -a /usr/local/cpanel/etc/icontacts_templates/include /var/cpanel/templates/icontact_templates/BandwidthUsageExceeded/
cp -a /usr/local/cpanel/etc/icontacts_templates/wrapper /var/cpanel/templates/icontact_templates/BandwidthUsageExceeded/
Could you verify if you completed these steps, and if so, let us know the specific changes you made to the template files?

Thank you.