swbrains

Sep 13, 2006
Hi,

I am trying to customize the "changed contact info" notification sent when I create a new account.

After creating a new account, our script calls savecontactinfo to update the primary and secondary contact email. Although we pass these params to the savecontactinfo call:
notify_contact_address_change=0
notify_contact_address_change_notification_disabled=0
The system still sends a notification that the contact info has changed.

Since I can't seem to disable this notification, I'm going to try to modify the template for this notification to remove some of the information our customers don't need, which likely confuses them. I reviewed the online documentation to customize the cPanel notification templates, and it says:

To customize a template, copy the desired template from the /usr/local/cpanel/etc/icontact_templates/ directory to the/var/cpanel/templates/icontact_templates/ custom templates directory, and make your changes to the copy.
Unfortunately, when I go to /var/cpanel/templates on my server, I don't have an icontact folder. I only see these folders:

Where should I put my customized copy of the original template for cPanel to use?

Thanks!

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Unfortunately, when I go to /var/cpanel/templates on my server, I don't have an icontact folder. I only see these folders:
Hello,

You can create the directory for the desired template with a command like this:

Code:
mkdir -p /var/cpanel/templates/icontact_templates/wwwacct
Then, copy the desired template from the /usr/local/cpanel/etc/icontact_templates/ directory to the /var/cpanel/templates/icontact_templates/ directory with a command such as:

Code:
cp -a /usr/local/cpanel/etc/icontact_templates/wwwacct/Notify.subject.tmpl /var/cpanel/templates/icontact_templates/wwwacct/
You may also want to copy over the include and wrapper directories if the notification you are customizing uses them:

Code:
cp -a /usr/local/cpanel/etc/icontact_templates/include /var/cpanel/templates/icontact_templates/
cp -a /usr/local/cpanel/etc/icontact_templates/wrapper /var/cpanel/templates/icontact_templates/
Internal case DOC-7177 is open to improve the instructions on the Notification Templates document.

Thank you.