The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DA to cPanel Addon Domains failure

Discussion in 'Migrate to cPanel' started by dfoxx, Nov 16, 2012.

1. dfoxx

dfoxx Member

Feb 1, 2010
    Since i upgraded to cpanel 11.34.0 the copy process of DA accounts does not work good.
    With previous versions the extra domains that were added in DA to one account became addon domains,
    as it should be.

But now the extra domains get added to the dns and as an strange subdomain creation.
    How can this be fixed ?

Below the error that is given in the Restoring Domains section of the transfer process in WHM:
    Warning! domainname requires that be added before it can be, and there is no reference to in the restore file. This domain will be skipped.
    Restoring subdomain, has been added.....Done
    Restoring subdomain, has been added.....Done
    Failed to restore the domain [domainname]! 
    Failed to restore the domain []! 
    Failed to restore the domain []! 
  2. JeffP.

JeffP. Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2010
    Hi dfoxx,

This is a known problem with the DirectAdmin migrations scripts for which we are still waiting to see updated. You'll need to remove the accounts from the cPanel server (via WHM >> Terminate an Account or WHM >> Terminate Multiple Accounts) and re copy them with a different version of the DirectAdmin migrations script.

You have a few options here:

Migrating manually (always recommended)

1) Use the following guide to re migrate the accounts:

That will allow you to use a patched copy of the migrations scripts from the _DEVEL repository (WHM will use the _STABLE repository by default, which still has the broken migrations script for DirectAdmin).

Migrating using WHM

2) Download the pkgacct-da migrations script shown in the link above, and configure the cPanel server to use that migrations script. This is known as setting up an "override". Setting up an override can be done using the instructions below:

How to use a migrations script override

Q. What is an "override"?
    A. An "override" is simply a script that runs in place of the default script. An override is typically provided as a patched copy of a migrations script. It attempts to provide a workaround for a known issue that is not yet fixed in the default migrations scripts.

Q. How do I set up the override?
    A. You will need to create a new directory on the cPanel server, then place the override inside of that directory.

The new directory can be created by running this command from the shell as root on the cPanel server:
    # mkdir -p /var/cpanel/lib/Whostmgr/Pkgacct

After you've placed the override inside of that directory, it is ready to for use.

Q. How do I use the override?
    A. By default, the override is not used. To use it, you will need to check the box that says "Allow Override" when you are on the account transfer screen in WHM.

The account transfer screen is one of the following:

* WHM >> Copy an Account From Another Server
    * WHM >> Copy Multiple Accounts/Packages From Another Server

Please feel free to open a ticket on our helpdesk (follow the link in my signature below) and we will be happy to do the migration for you after you have removed the accounts from the cPanel server.

I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused, and we hope to see a fixed DirectAdmin migrations script in the _STABLE repository very soon.