The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DADA Mail problems

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by shortfork, Apr 21, 2008.

1. shortfork

shortfork Well-Known Member

I've had dadamail running on my ensim box for over a year, migrated it (cgi flat file database version not sql) over on two sites and neither works.. other cgi stuff works fine

this one just won't run..

pitches an error page:

Died at /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/base.pm line 85.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /DADA/MailingList/Subscribers.pm line 11.
    Compilation failed in require at mail.cgi line 172.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at mail.cgi line 172

and /usr/local/apache/logs/error_log

[Mon Apr 21 20:40:55 2008] [error] [client xx.xx.xx.xx] [Mon Apr 21 20:40:55 2008] mail.cgi: Died at /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/base.pm line 85.
    [Mon Apr 21 20:40:55 2008] [error] [client xx.xx.xx.xx] [Mon Apr 21 20:40:55 2008] mail.cgi: BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /DADA/MailingList/Subscribers.pm line 11.
    [Mon Apr 21 20:40:55 2008] [error] [client xx.xx.xx.xx] [Mon Apr 21 20:40:55 2008] mail.cgi: Compilation failed in require at mail.cgi line 170.
    [Mon Apr 21 20:40:55 2008] [error] [client xx.xx.xx.xx] [Mon Apr 21 20:40:55 2008] mail.cgi: BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at mail.cgi line 170.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

:confused:

2. electric

electric Well-Known Member

I just installed dadamail on one of our servers, so I know it works fine. Maybe re-upload all the files, check your perl is up to date, and lastly try to contact the dadamail vendor if you get stuck. I believe he does offer support, but it's paid...

Good luck! I love dadamail. Great script, keeps getting better. If only it were PHP....

3. Stefaans

Stefaans Well-Known Member

I love Dada Mail too. On the PHP side, PhpList has been serving us well. It has some rough edges, but is steadily improving ;)

4. shortfork

Thanks for the feedback, this only makes me think that I'm *probably* missing a package in perl.. I'm current in everything on the box.. new install, upgraded everything to latest stable before starting migration..

I did try even a fresh install of the latest version of DADA and got the same errors..

Justin at DADA had me cd into the folder where mail.cgi is located and run the following

Code:
    perl -c /DADA/MailingList/Settings.pm
    which (as he predicted) bring up

Code:
    No DBM package was successfully found or installed at /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/AnyDBM_File.pm
    So again, I'm thinking I'm missing either some or all of the DBM package..

perl -v This is perl, v5.8.8 built for i686-linux

httpd -v Server version: Apache/2.0.63
    Server built: Apr 18 2008 12:00:03
    Cpanel::Easy::Apache v3.2.0 rev4108

I've got an email into cPanel support, on my knees here for help.. .perhaps a trouble ticket to my host (EV1/The Planet)... I'd just as soon fix it myself if possible.. Any ideas on how to install/reinstall this package??

Thanks in advance, I'm despirate. This is just about the last hurdle to get the migration done so I can turn off that god-awful old, outdated Ensim box!

Wayne

5. shortfork

Did you use the flat file install or sql?

TIA

Shortz

6. electric

electric Well-Known Member

I used SQL for the install.

7. shortfork

Yup... that's it! On my old box, just went with the "easy" route of going with flat filedb..

Justin has given me a script and I *may* be able to port over what I've managed to grow to a fairly large mailing list.. I may wind up starting from scratch and then manually adding the list later..

The sql thing splains it tho, as the flatdb thing is what I'm having problms with...

Now to fix my old 3.23.58 MYSQL databases that don't want to work on 5.0.5 MYSQL, but that's a topic for a new thread I guess....

Thanks for the help!

Wayne