web12

Nov 20, 2002
Hi,

I have started encountering a problem on 1 server where the backup doesnt seem to be working correctly.

I have backup in WHM set to backup daily to a backup drive, incrementally. I had to disable the backup the other day as we were having some difficulties keeping the server up for more than a 24 hour period last week. Well, that problem was solved so I enabled backup again.

Yesterday, the cron was emailed to me that it had done the backup, but the email was full of these lines, 1 for each account...

/backup/cpbackup/daily/***** exists, please remove it and try again

So, i rm-rf the daily directory, and ran the complete process yesterday, which took all of around 10 hours to complete.

Today, i have had the same email, it seems it doesnt want to incrementally backup.. is that right?

Anyone got any knowledge they can give to me on this?

Thanks

indiboi

Aug 14, 2001
Same problem here... The backup process &crashed& and took my server with it when I ran it the first time, so I deleted all the directories created originally during that 'bad' backup session, but then this morning all those created yesterday during a 'good' backup session give the &please remove it and try again& type error.

web12

Nov 20, 2002
hey indiboi,

did you find a solution to this as I am still having the same problems..

cheers

indiboi

Aug 14, 2001
The only solution is not a solution, and that's to simply not use incremental backup until the CPanel people fix it, which will likely be never.

ecoutez

May 23, 2002
Same here...

I've had this issue open since January 1st. So far it seems CPanel's best engineers are doing their best to ignore my ticket (#5589) perhaps in the hopes that the customer and problem will go away. :(

How about a simple response, even a &sorry... it's an edge feature that's screwed up and we'll get to it someday&?

*sigh*

- Jason

SprintSlash

Jan 18, 2003
Maybe there's someone here w/ the same problem but has never touched an edge version ?

web12

Nov 20, 2002
I am still having this same problem...

Did anyone get a fix for this?

ecoutez

May 23, 2002
This has been resolved

FYI - Nick took at look at this issue on one of my servers and resolved it. Seems some code that made sense for the gzipped backups (making sure not to overwrite a valid backup) didn't make much sense for incrementals, and was keeping the backup from happening.

Grab the new scripts by running a /scripts/updatenow and you should be all set.

Hurrah!

- Jason

web12

Nov 20, 2002
Thats Great ecoutez!

that worked a treat on last nights backup!

cheers!