The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Damnit I'm confused, shows blank!

Discussion in 'User Experience' started by ckizer, Dec 15, 2003.

1. ckizer

ckizer Well-Known Member

Okay I'm trying to create a cpanel theme, originally I was just adding my modifications to the "x" theme and this worked great. I decided I'd just create my own theme to preserve the "x" theme.

1. I just copied the "x" directory and started by adding a simple "test" message to show in the index.html in my new theme. I tried the theme out on my domain and it shows as blank.

It does show this in the source, but everything else is blank:

<!---cPanel [8.5.3-STABLE_3] Copyright (c) 1997-2003 John N Koston. Licensed on domain.com --->

Try 2. I deleted the new theme directory, used whm to duplicate the "x" theme. I then assigned it to my domain name and the new theme worked. However the minute I edit any file with anything it shows as blank, with all the rest of the code missing. I'm very certian I'm not changing any case of the characters or anything that would cause it to show blank.

Do I need to reboot cpanel or something wierd?

2. kosmo

kosmo Well-Known Member

Maybe your FTP client uploads all files as 444 or something. check if your modified files are set 755.

kosmo

3. ckizer

ckizer Well-Known Member

Yeah I did all that, rebuilt quota and tried all the tricks. Maybe it's my html editor, but I'm pretty sure it's not. I'll keep playing with it.