The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

data base in cpanel does not exist

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by Jonjimar, Jan 5, 2011.

1. Jonjimar

Jonjimar Member

Hi,

When I enter to "MySQL DataBases", I can see only one, with size 0.0, but in the phpmyadmin the database does not exist.

We enter in the phpmyadmin of the WHM, and can not see the database that are in the control panel. Can someone explain what is the reason for that happend?

I had an application working fine with that database but now it apears not to exist. And I need to recovery it.

Please help me with that.

Jonathan J.

2. cPanelDon

cPanelDon cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    What is your cPanel & WHM version number?

Are you using the cPanel X3 theme, or a different theme?

Do you have "root" (i.e., Administrator) access to the server, including both SSH and WebHost Manager (WHM) access? Please try the following to show the table status information from the database, where "database_name" should be replaced by the actual name of your MySQL database:
    Code:
    # mysql
    mysql> SHOW TABLE STATUS FROM database_name \G
    If you are the server administrator, was MySQL upgraded recently, specifically a major version upgrade, such as from 4.1 to 5.0, or from 5.0 to 5.1?

Does the server have backups configured and enabled, as setup using WebHost Manager (via WHM: Main >> Backup >> Configure Backup)?

#2 cPanelDon, Jan 5, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2011
  3. Jonjimar

Jonjimar Member

WHM 11.28.64

X3 theme

mysql> SHOW TABLE STATUS FROM swatcom_dprj1;
    ERROR 1049 (42000): Unknown database 'swatcom_dprj1'
    mysql>

MySQL version 5.0.91-community

I used r1soft, and the db isn't there!

4. cPanelDon

cPanelDon cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    Was the affected account transferred from a different server, or was the account originally created on the same server where it currently resides?

Were any administrative changes performed recently that may affect the MySQL configuration (e.g., relocating the MySQL data directory)?

If the SQL database does not exist and if no viable backup is available, I believe the data may need to be recreated, (i.e., starting fresh from scratch).

While I'm sure you probably have already done this, I would double-check any available backups, including to verify if there may be a backup of the MySQL data directory as well as individual SQL database dumps.

I would also try to see if there may be any trace of similarly-named files or sub-directories located in the MySQL data directory, which is at the following path by default:
    Code:
    /var/lib/mysql/
    The following commands might help for search purposes, (while ensuring to replace "database_name" with the actual name of the missing MySQL database):
    Code:
    # find /var/lib/mysql -name database_name
    # locate database_name
    # find / -name database_name