The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Data393 drops cPanel/WHM in favour of Plesk

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by spaceman, Aug 21, 2004.

1. spaceman

spaceman Well-Known Member

I've been a loyal and happy Ventures Online customer for about 3 years. Now they've merged with Data393 and the ruling is that only Plesk will be offered for new dedicated and shared servers, i.e. they've dropped offering cPanel/WHM as an option.

This is a bit of a concern for us. We had a go with Plesk a few months ago and it's got way less features and functionality that cPanel/WHM - features and functionality that we (my business) have become very familiar with over the last 3 years with cPanel/WHM. Sure, Plesk may be more 'stable' than cPanel/WHM, but this is probably mainly a direct result of the fact that it's got so very much less to go wrong with it. In summary, whilst cPanel/WHM usage can be a bit of a rollercoaster sometimes, it remains our firm favourite.

Our problem right now is that we're looking at moving one of our hosting clients from a shared server to their own dedicated server, but we absolutely want to move this client onto a cPanel/WHM box. Reason: this client's site is the most advanced, sophisticated, and busy site we currently manage - downtime must be kept to an absolute minimum, so moving it to Plesk is not an option (too risky!). So Data393 is now not an option either. So we have to look all over again for another reliable, experienced data centre to establish a new relationship with.

Any suggestions anyone? We're *not* looking for a cheap and cheerful option here. We're looking for an established player that offers and supports cPanel and WHM and plans to continue to do so.

Are any other ex-Ventures Online clients moving away from Data393 for the same reasons - and where are you heading?

Thanks.

2. LP-Trel

LP-Trel Well-Known Member

I would say go with Liquidweb.com for a very solid provider that does cPanel/WHM dedicated servers. Their support team is absolutely excellent.

Email Zac@liquidweb.com (a different Zac than me ;)) and tell him I sent you. He will treat you right and get exactly what you need.

Note: I am a very happy Liquidweb.com customer and have been for many months.

3. PWSowner

PWSowner Well-Known Member

Also check out dinix.com. The owner is from VO.
    Another one is coastinc.com.

I will be moving sometime too and will probably be going to one of those 2.

4. spaceman

Thanks guys. I have to say that dinix.com is attractive given that link to VO.

5. easyhoster1

easyhoster1 Well-Known Member

6. dhost

dhost Active Member

#6 dhost, Aug 22, 2004
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2004
  7. icanectc

icanectc Well-Known Member

I can set you up on a WHM/Cpanel box. 100% up-time guarantee.

Give me a PM and lets find out what you need for your clients.

8. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

sawbuck likes this.
  9. spaceman

Thanks for all your suggestions. At this stage our choice will be Dinix.com because we had such a good and long relationship with Ventures Online, and most of the old VO staff and boss now work with/at Dinix. We put a high value on this relationship.

Thanks again.