The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Database backup missing with no indication

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by bsich, Jan 23, 2015.

1. bsich

bsich Member

I had a mysql issue in one of my databases. The normal backup ran and gave no indication in the confirmation email. The only indication was a few lines in the detailed file,
    Code:
    Got error: 2002: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) when trying to connect
    I needed to recover the database and found it empty. When a database is not dumped it should give some type of error which can easily be seen.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Could you elaborate on which backup method was used to backup the database? Are you referring to the automatic backups configured in WHM?

Thank you.

3. bsich

bsich Member

Yes the automatic backup in WHM. It sends a daily email which lists issues while backing up. If a database is not backed up it may identify it the the attached detail file, but there is no indication in the body of the email. If there is no indication of a problem why would I review over 200K of backup details each day.

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator