The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

database connection error

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by allhost, Dec 22, 2014.

1. allhost

allhost Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello All,

This is my first thread, and possibly pretty new on WHM :(.

My update to the latest WHM got stuck around 50%, doing (Running sanity checks and notifications.), (Processing command `/usr/local/cpanel/scripts/setup_whmxfer_db`), for more than 50 minutes. The page still loads, but nothing is progressing.

Of course, all my websites are down due to (database connection error), so, once I try to go the the WHM (from a different window), I do see it is updated, and it shows the latest version of 11.46.1, however, I can not seem to start MySQL, which might be corrupted.

What do you think I should be doing next? I do have a server backup but wish to make this the last resort?

Any ideas would be highly appreciated?

Thank you all,

#1 allhost, Dec 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2014
  2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    There is no of course, there. Sites shouldn't be going offline during updates to your cPanel. You shouldn't be restoring backups to sites that went offline during an update, either.

How are you trying to start it, that's failing? Why do you think it might be corrupted?

Please feel free to open a ticket to cPanel Technical Support for assistance with this. If you wouldn't mind, post the ticket ID back here in this thread.

Thanks

3. allhost

allhost Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thanks InfoPro.

Basically, This is what happened. I have 3 sites (wordpress) and all of them showed (database connection error) while WHM is being updated. So weird. While updating cPanel/WHM, I ticked that little box to allow sharing update process with cPanel.

I started SQL from WHM menu -->restart services --> SQL services. The first time, it failed, then, worked again and show these errors multiple times.

Code:
    [Warning] /usr/sbin/mysqld: Forcing close of thread 22  user: 'eximstats'
          18:10:13 [Note] /usr/sbin/mysqld: Normal shutdown
         18:09:21 [ERROR] /usr/sbin/mysqld: Can't open file: './whmxfer/sessions.frm' (errno: 24)
    [ERROR] /usr/sbin/mysqld: Can't open file: './eximstats/sends.frm' (errno: 24)
         17:33:32 [ERROR] /usr/sbin/mysqld: Can't open file: './modsec/hits.frm' (errno: 24)
         17:32:21 [ERROR] /usr/sbin/mysqld: Can't open file: './i326520_wp1/wp_options.frm' (errno: 24)
    [ERROR] /usr/sbin/mysqld: Can't open file: './eximstats/defers.frm' (errno: 24)
         17:31:01 [ERROR] /usr/sbin/mysqld: Can't open file: './eximstats/sends.frm' (errno: 24)
         17:31:00 [ERROR] /usr/sbin/mysqld: Can't open file: './eximstats/failures.frm' (errno: 24)

Now, I am wondering whether my cPanel/WHM upgrade is completely healthy or not? and how to fix these DB errors?

What do you think?
    Thanks

4. triantech

triantech Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,
    From the logs, it looks like your eximstats db is corrupt.. you may try to repair it or drop the db and rebuild it.

5. allhost

allhost Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thanks Triantech.

I have gone and repaired all these DB's, restarted SQL and it seems all these error logs are gone.

Much appreciated.

6. triantech

triantech Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator