The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Database connection help

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by William_Wallace, Feb 11, 2009.

1. William_Wallace

William_Wallace Registered

Hi, just wondering if anyone can help.

Im doing my HNC computing and decided to update my website as part of my multimedia project/assessment. I used to use an off site ready made Guestbook, but now I know how to build my own, so I am going to program one myself.

The site is complete apart from the user guestbook. I cannot get Dreamweaver(CS3) to connect to the mySQL database on the server. I have read that it is a problem with Dreamweaver but not sure. I have also tried connecting to the database using Navicat, but it times out the connection.
    What is the details I need to put into Navicat to allow me to connect.

I am a bit lost with how to connect, and i have just changed to 3iX hosting from another ISP as well. I hope its not like my old ISP database. It only let me connect using their own myPHPAdmin software on the website.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks all.

2. mctDarren

mctDarren Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You'll likely have to ask you current host about this. Check their support pages to see if they outline how to connect, otherwise submit a ticket with them.