Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SOLVED Database disk image is malformed error

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by petersphilo, Mar 31, 2017.

Tags:
  1. petersphilo

petersphilo Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    Hello,

whenever i try to create a subdomain, i get the following error:
    Code:
    There was a problem creating the sub-domain:
    Cpanel::Exception::Database::Error/(XID 7yezck) Database /var/cpanel/bandwidth/zadmin.sqlite Error: database disk image is malformed at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Exception/CORE.pm line 77. Cpanel::Exception::create("Database::Error", Cpanel::ExceptionMessage::Raw=SCALAR(0x3b887d0), HASH(0x3b87d80)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Exception/CORE.pm line 94 Cpanel::Exception::create_raw("Database::Error", "Database /var/cpanel/bandwidth/zadmin.sqlite Error: da"..., HASH(0x3b87d80)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Exception.pm line 30 Cpanel::Exception::__ANON__(__CPANEL_HIDDEN__, __CPANEL_HIDDEN__..., HASH(0x3b87d80)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/DBI.pm line 193 Cpanel::DBI::_create_exception(Cpanel::DBI::SQLite::db=HASH(0x3b708d0), "DBD::SQLite::db selectrow_array failed: database disk image i"..., undef) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/DBI.pm line 178 Cpanel::DBI::_error_handler("DBD::SQLite::db selectrow_array failed: database disk image i"..., Cpanel::DBI::SQLite::db=HASH(0x3b708d0), undef) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/BandwidthDB/Base.pm line 110 Cpanel::BandwidthDB::Base::_get_schema_version(Cpanel::BandwidthDB::Write=HASH(0x3af0e90)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/BandwidthDB/Read.pm line 99 Cpanel::BandwidthDB::Read::_check_for_outdated_schema(Cpanel::BandwidthDB::Write=HASH(0x3af0e90)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/BandwidthDB/Read.pm line 88 Cpanel::BandwidthDB::Read::new("Cpanel::BandwidthDB::Write", "zadmin") called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/BandwidthDB/Write.pm line 43 Cpanel::BandwidthDB::Write::new("Cpanel::BandwidthDB::Write", "zadmin") called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/BandwidthDB.pm line 197 Cpanel::BandwidthDB::__ANON__() called at /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/perl/524/lib64/perl5/cpanel_lib/Try/Tiny.pm line 101 eval {...} called at /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/perl/524/lib64/perl5/cpanel_lib/Try/Tiny.pm line 92 Try::Tiny::try(CODE(0x3af39d0), Try::Tiny::Catch=REF(0x3aeece8)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/BandwidthDB.pm line 210 Cpanel::BandwidthDB::_try_to_create_instance("Cpanel::BandwidthDB::Write", "zadmin") called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/BandwidthDB.pm line 221 Cpanel::BandwidthDB::__ANON__() called at /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/perl/524/lib64/perl5/cpanel_lib/Try/Tiny.pm line 101 eval {...} called at /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/perl/524/lib64/perl5/cpanel_lib/Try/Tiny.pm line 92 Try::Tiny::try(CODE(0x3af33d0), Try::Tiny::Catch=REF(0x3ae9240)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/BandwidthDB.pm line 234 Cpanel::BandwidthDB::_try_to_create_instance_with_schema_update("Cpanel::BandwidthDB::Write", "zadmin") called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/BandwidthDB.pm line 181 Cpanel::BandwidthDB::_instantiate_for_root(__CPANEL_HIDDEN__, __CPANEL_HIDDEN__) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/BandwidthDB.pm line 104 Cpanel::BandwidthDB::get_writer("zadmin") called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Sub.pm line 233 Cpanel::Sub::addsubdomain(__CPANEL_HIDDEN__, 0, __CPANEL_HIDDEN__, 0, __CPANEL_HIDDEN__, __CPANEL_HIDDEN__, __CPANEL_HIDDEN__, __CPANEL_HIDDEN__, ...) called at bin/admin/Cpanel/domain.pl line 198 main::__ANON__() called at /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/perl/524/lib64/perl5/cpanel_lib/Try/Tiny.pm line 97 eval {...} called at /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/perl/524/lib64/perl5/cpanel_lib/Try/Tiny.pm line 92 Try::Tiny::try(CODE(0x3a7bf68), Try::Tiny::Catch=REF(0x1aa6010)) called at bin/admin/Cpanel/domain.pl line 211

it does create DNS entries for the subdomain, which i then have to delete it i want to try it again.

it also doe create the directory for the subdomain (if it does not previously exist)..

This does not happen for other accounts on my VPS...

Any help would be very appreciated!
    Thank you!

#1 petersphilo, Mar 31, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2017
  2. Jcats

Jcats Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Can you provide the out put of:

Code:
    # sqlite3 zadmin.sqlite;
    sqlite> pragma integrity_check;

3. petersphilo

petersphilo Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    hello jcats, thank you for your response!

i was in a real bind so i contacted my web host's tech support (the always amazing folks at KnownHost), and they resolved it by doing the following:

Everything is now working again!

Note that running the '/scripts/rebuild_bandwidthdb_root_cache' command by itself simply brought up the same error dump that i quoted in the first post..

Thank you all!
    i hope this helps someone!
    Peter

Jcats and cPanelMichael like this.
  4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

I'm happy to see the issue is now addressed. Thank you for updating us with the outcome.