The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SOLVED Database error undefined index sql_structure_or_data

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by bj3782, May 30, 2017.

Tags:
  1. bj3782

bj3782 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    I am experiencing a database error when trying to export files from my database using phpMyAdmin.

When viewing the database I want to export from, it comes up with a red box at the top that reads: “Some errors have been detected on the server! Please look at the bottom of this window.” And several blue boxes at the bottom that read: “Undefined index: sql_structure_or_data”. See below...

undefined index error.jpg

I was exporting files a couple of months ago and it was working fine. I haven’t made any significant changes since then so I’m not sure why the exporting is not working now.

I've also had the max_input_vars error warning me that it has more than 1000 fields. When I tried to export the database, it would only download a 1 kb file without any fields in it. From replies to another thread in the forum, it looks like a new update might fix that error though.

Question is, is the undefined index error caused by the max_input_vars error? Or is something else going on that is causing the problem?

Thanks ahead of time!

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Could you verify which version of cPanel is installed on the system? You can check with the following command:

Code:
    cat /usr/local/cpanel/version
    cPanel version 64.0.24 addresses the max_input_vars error message with the following case:

Fixed case CPANEL-12822: Bump max_input_vars to 10000 for phpMyAdmin.

Thank you.

3. bj3782

bj3782 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    I'm on 64.0.22. I'm a reseller and unfortunately am not in control of updating cPanel. The hosting company told me that cPanel automatically updates when 64.0.24 pushed to the stable tier. Do you know when that'll be?

Also, is the undefined index error simply part of the max_vars_input error? I'm not sure if they'll both be resolved by the update or if I need to be looking for another solution to the undefined index error.

Is there anything I can do with limited control as a reseller before 64.0.24 is pushed to stable tier?

Thanks heaps!

4. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello @bj3782,

64.0.24 was published to the STABLE build tier today. Automatic updates occur when the "upcp" cron job runs on the server, so the server should update to this version within 24 hours if your hosting provider has enabled automatic updates.

It's possible the error message is related to this value, however I recommend checking this again after the server your reseller account is hosted on is updated to 64.0.24 to see if the issue persists.

Thanks!

5. bj3782

bj3782 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    It has been updated to 64.0.24 now and both errors seem to be gone. Really appreciate the help, thanks!

cPanelMichael and Infopro like this.
  6. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I'm glad to see that helped. Thank you for updating us with the outcome.