The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Database Help

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wedmonds, Nov 3, 2009.

1. wedmonds

wedmonds Registered

Hi People,

The Goal
    I would like to create one web page that lists items in a table (through CSS ideally). I would like the fields on this table to pull this information from a database.

I would then like to create another page that admin can log on to. The idea being that this will allow admin to update the table above without major knowledge of code etc.

Questions
    Where to start!

I am using Cpanel to create the database and I have created a table called "forsale". Within this I have created an "id, date, equip, name" fields but I am not sure about what the type, collation etc should be as they are not that straight forward. All the fields will contain text and the occasional numeric but nothing to fancy. Any advice on what I should set these to?

Am I on the right track so far?

How do I tell the webpage to pull data from my database?
    What is the best way of creating a basic interface for admin to insert content into the database?

Thank you! :)

wedmonds

2. eth00

eth00 Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You may want to post this on a forum more targeted at programming. Your questions are more targeted at PHP, MySQL, or whatever you are using to store and retrieve the information. cPanel won't change how you interact with them.