The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

database problem afther copy account from server to server

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wimp, May 27, 2004.

1. wimp

wimp Well-Known Member

hi all,
    afther moving accounts to a new server i note that most of databases are not working correctly.. They has all ben transfered however they dont work as the password are not accepted or customers cannot login to manage there application ( helpdesks, forums etc)
    Do i miss some steps when transfering databases with CPanel ?
    Is there any way to reset databases?

Thanks a lot

2. mickalo

mickalo Well-Known Member

How did you move/copy the databases from one server to another? Are both the old and new servers running the same version of mysql ?? Did you setup the mysql database with all the privileges for each customers... ??

Alot more then coping files :) this is where mysqldump is your friend :D

Mickalo

3. wimp

wimp Well-Known Member

i move them with the account copier in WHM. Yes there are diff. vers. of mysql 3.x.x on the old server and 4.x.x on the new. However, i saw there are some libreries not yet installed on the new server... i will try install and see what happens..

4. mickalo

mickalo Well-Known Member

Ok, MySQL 4.0+ requires different privilege tables now and some other changes. If you go here Upgrading 3.23+ to 4.0.+ it'll explain it all very well.

the account copier only copies the folders /home/<username> and not the actual database files, those are in a completely different location. Use mysqldump to transfer your databases, and following the directions for upgrading above and you should be back in business :)

Mickalo