The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

database question, info changed

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by HarleyRJ, Mar 11, 2011.

1. HarleyRJ

HarleyRJ Registered

I'll apologize up front. I'm only semi-techy. I have a friend who is typically my IT guru, but for health reasons he's unavailable to me right now.

I own a webserver. My friend installed CPanel in there so that I can manage the websites on the server. For the most part I can get around CPanel just fine.

We use Sugar for a CRM which is also installed on this server. We use it to process orders. Yesterday three of our orders changed their order numbers. This has never happened before.

Should I run "Check DB" in CPanel? I'm not sure what this checks. And if it does find an error, do I run any risks by running the "Repair DB" command?

Just want to feel more comfortable before I start having CPanel check the database and possibly repair it.

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I'm not certain that checking and repairing the database will change the customer order numbers. Does Sugar CRM allow you to change order numbers in it? You are certainly welcome to check and repair the database, although I'd suggest grabbing a backup of the database in cPanel > Backups area first before making any changes at all to that database.

3. HarleyRJ

HarleyRJ Registered

No, I do not have access to changing order numbers. The number gets assigned by Sugar. I guess as I dig in I think it's probably more likely a Sugar issue than a database issue. I'll probably go ahead and run the "check db" after backing up the database just in case.

Thanks for the help.