The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Database user privileges randomly revoked

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by diffkid, Nov 24, 2009.

1. diffkid

diffkid Registered

My websites uses databases that were created outside of cPanel. These databases do not show up in the manage database area of cPanel, nor do they follow the 'name_databasename' naming convention that cPanel uses.

This is not a problem, I'm a happy command line user who can manage mysql fine by myself. However, I occasionally run into a problem where the database user (which is the same as the cPanel account user) will all of the sudden find all their database privileges on the database revoked. This seems to happen most often after I've logged into the cPanel interface on our site (but not always).

I can restore the privileges with a simple GRANT ALL statement, but it's a pretty disconcerting problem since it effectively takes our site down until we discover the issue.

Is having a database outside of cPanel a big no-no? Is cPanel performing some background task that would inadvertently re-write db priveleges?

Thanks.