The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Databases suddenly dissapears / get corrupted

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kimenge, Jun 12, 2007.

1. kimenge

kimenge Registered

Sep 25, 2001
    We are having a problem with one off our server. Our server management company are not able to find the cause yet.

During the last 2 months we are having the issue that suddenly databases becomes corrupted, and will have to be restored from backup. This can also suddenly happens to files.

During the last week we had 2 galleryes where the databases suddenly stopped working, and one Jomla installation where the database suddenly becomes useless and was forced to restore from backup.

The other day as I was driving home from office to home (about 30 minutes this takes) suddenly our helpdesk database where gone. It was nowhere to be find and my management company found nothing in the logs.

It worked fine just before me leaving the office, somewhere in the 30 minutes on my way home the helpdesk database was suddenly gone.

Somebody here have a simular issue?

It's very strange.

This is a 2x Xeon quadcore server with raid 5 and 6GB RAM. Load is usually below 0.50

Thank you