The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Datacenter don't want to delegate authority

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Frankc, Aug 22, 2005.

1. Frankc

Frankc Well-Known Member

My datacenter don't want to delegate IP authority and my server is USELESS as it is at this moment.

I can't even send e-mail out from the server or create dns entries that's recognised from outside.

Can someone please tell me WHAT is the minimum that a datacenter must do in order for the Cpanel on my system to work properly. (Setup of RDNS entries etc)

I already struggle for 3 weeks to get the outside world for example to recognise Cpanel (and high tech manual) dns and soa entries but without any success.

Info would really be appreciated please.

2. nyjimbo

nyjimbo Well-Known Member

Most datacenters wont delegate authority however that should not stop them from putting a reverse dns record in for you. I've been through several providers who will just put in a pointer for me when we build a new box and then the machine can send to other servers that require a rev dns.

3. Frankc

Frankc Well-Known Member

I see thanks.

So it means that delegation of IP's is not a pre-request for Cpanel to function properly. The problem could be that the specific domain local-hosting.co.za was a hosting account on their servers before I installed a co-location server.

Via www.dnsreports.com I got a lot of things that point to their servers. (My IP is 196.22.134.66)