The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DBD::mysql::db do failed

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wills, Jul 14, 2003.

1. wills

wills Well-Known Member

When I run any of the auto-installer links I get the following error (s):

adding dbuser ****_osc1 DBD::mysql::db do failed: Can't find any matching row in the user table at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Mysql.pm line 720. We are installing in /home/****/public_html/test... ERROR 1045: Access denied for user: '****_osc1@localhost' (Using password: YES) Complete!

Any ideas? this is after I updated Cpanel, not sure if it has any direct or in-direct effects.

Input is appreciated (as long as it constructive).

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

#1 wills, Jul 14, 2003
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2003
  2. wills

wills Well-Known Member

nevermind, I figured out the problem.

3. nitromax

nitromax Well-Known Member

Would you mind sharing what you did to fix your problem? I having the same problem. Other posts I have read so far are not working.

4. nitromax

nitromax Well-Known Member

Here is what I discovered on this issue. Account usernames that have hypens in them apparently cause problems in MySQL. The user I was having problems with had the username: the-spor

Everytime I tried to install phpMyChat I got the 1045 error just as it basically shows above in the first post. But I tried setting it up on another account with out a hypen in the username and it worked fine.

Many of the posts on this subject show: Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: YES). Notice it's user ROOT.

As you can see in the first post this hypen issue effects usernames, and so the error comes up as: Access denied for user: 'the-spor_chat1@localhost' (Using password: YES)

It almost looks like the same error until you look closely.

#4 nitromax, Jul 21, 2003
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2003