The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dbdimp.c:3478: error: syntax error before "if" for DBD::mysql install

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by aerospex, Apr 6, 2012.

1. aerospex

aerospex Member

A few days ago, cpanel updated and [checkperlmodules] told me via email "[checkperlmodules] perl version too old (v5.8.8 required, v5.8.5 is installed.)".

I went ahead and followed the instructions and successfully brought it up to 5.8.8.

Since then though I started getting tailwatchd errors.

After reading a few posts and checking some logs, I found in the /usr/local/cpanel/logs/tailwatchd_log the following message:

So it seemed DBD::mysql didn't install correctly. Further investigations got me to run /usr/local/cpanel/bin/checkperlmodules, which output the following: (was a lot more than this, but I believe this is the important part)

I've tried installing the module through the cpanel interface, via the CPAN shell, and through /usr/local/cpanel/bin/checkperlmodules all to no avail.

Can I get some advice on how I can fix this problem? Everything I've tried doesn't seem to work. I've thought about forcing the compiler to gcc, but read in a few places it's not recommended to switch compilers for perl.

This seems to be impacting our customers ability to authenticate and send emails through our server, as well as smart relays. Please help!

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Please check the following:

Code:
    ls -lah /usr/bin/perl /usr/local/bin/perl
    You should get a return where /usr/bin/perl is symlinked to /usr/local/bin/perl binary. If you do not, then please provide the output so we can see what is happening.

3. aerospex

aerospex Member

Yes, looks like it's symlinked as expected

4. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    The typical reason this would happen would be to the wrong or two perl binaries. Can you open up a ticket in WHM > Support Center > Contact cPanel or using the link in my signature? If you could post that ticket number here afterward, that would be appreciated. Thanks!

5. aerospex

aerospex Member

Thanks Tristan, Request ID is 2507443

6. aerospex

aerospex Member

In case anyone else has this issue, this is how we resolved it.

It seems the issue was caused due to the fact the server was running mysql 4.0.20, which was too old for the required libraries to work. The people at cPanel recommended I upgrade which I did via WHM > Software > MySQL Upgrade, and the module installed fine.

Unfortunately once the MySQL upgrade was completed and the module installed, the upgrade to Apache/PHP failed, but that's a whole other story.

In summary, if you hit this issue, try and bring up your versions of software to something relatively recent!