Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

DCV challenge returned no TXT record

Discussion in 'Security' started by g4 design house, Apr 30, 2019.

Tags:
  1. g4 design house

g4 design house Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I have over 100 websites on this server all using auto SSL, but for some reason this site started getting this error message out of the blue. If I try and go to the site it redirects me to another site we have on the server, I assume since it has a valid ssl.

when I look at the dns info in WHM it all matches up so I am stumped as to the issue. I have tried removing and rerunning auto ssl to no avail.

Any advice is appreciated.

Code:
    DNS DCV: The DNS query to “_cpanel-dcv-test-record.website.com” for the DCV challenge returned no “TXT” record that matches the value “_cpanel-dcv-test-record=qQzN_3vllAy856_YW429dG7eo4liB6UU52LqwcOXgcbLnl1gSKE0bSQB9Y6AELwC”.; HTTP DCV: The system failed to fetch the DCV (Domain Control Validation) file at “http://website.com/.well-known/pki-validation/6CD3DF81BC8B053E936E4FB58FAA1C45.txt” because of an error: The system failed to send an HTTP (Hypertext Transfer Protocol) “GET” request to “http://website.com/.well-known/pki-validation/6CD3DF81BC8B053E936E4FB58FAA1C45.txt” because of an error: Could not connect to 'website.com:80': Network is unreachable. The domain “website.com” resolved to an IP address “2607:f1c0:100f:f000:0:0:0:29a” that does not exist on this server. 

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. g4 design house

g4 design house Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Unfortunately these links don't help. Its strange that it was fine for many months ,then all of a sudden this error is happening. There is no AAAA record so that couldn't be the problem. The test TXT record matches up. No new plugins have been added nor is there anything in the htaccess file other than the typical Wordpress mod rewrite. I tried even removing that to see if it changed anything and no luck.

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello @g4 design house,

Can you open a support ticket so we can take a closer look at the system to see why the AutoSSL validation process is failing for your domains? Post the ticket number here once it's opened and I'll link this thread to it.

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...