The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

.de Domain Name Configuration

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by iMattR, Jan 20, 2011.

1. iMattR

iMattR Registered

Jan 20, 2011
    Hey there! I've just recently purchased a new domain on, and I (obviously) would like to point the domain to my server. However, I get a note on the page saying this: "First you would need to setup your name servers for this domain at the DNS provider other wise the changes will not take place for .DE domain names."

I have my own VPS, and all of the nameservers configured - I know because I've got multiple domains as it is, but I get an error when I try to point the domains to my nameservers. I'm pretty sure this is because of how servers are meant to be when .de domain names are configured, but I'm not overly sure.

As you can most likely tell, I'm an unbelievable retard at things like this - so I thought I'd post asking for help. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you! :)
  2. cPanelDon

cPanelDon cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2008
    Houston, Texas, U.S.A.
    cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    I recommend using the following resource from the .de registry, DENIC, to help determine what may be interfering: Name Server Checks - nast: