Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Default account email problems

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by Marty, May 23, 2002.

1. Marty

Marty Well-Known Member

This hard to explain, but here it goes. As best I can tell, ever since the upgrade from WHM 4.7 to 4.8, I have been having the following problem.

I have domain1.com set up as the first account on 22.22.22.22 with user1 as the username, thus making user1@domain1.com the catchall for user1@domain.com.

I set up a second account with domain2.com on 22.22.22.22 with user2 as the username, so that user2@domain2.com is the default email account, making it the catchall for domain2.com.

However it is not working this way. All unrouted email for domain2.com and all email sent to user2@domain2.com is routed to user1@domain1.com.

This is very strange, but it is happening to every namebased account on my server.

Now, if I got to the /etc/valiases/domain2.com and add this line:

user2@domain2.com: user2@domain2.com

then it works as normal.

I really need some help on this one.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Marty

Marty Well-Known Member

Well, this resolved itself overnight. Don't ask me what caused or what fixed it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...