The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Default Account for Unknown Domain Names

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PickMonitor, Sep 22, 2010.

1. PickMonitor

PickMonitor Registered

Sep 22, 2010
    If I setup the nameservers properly and create a whm account for Example Web Page, then when I go to Example Web Page I am shown the proper directory.

However, I don't want to have to create an account for Example Web Page. Is there any way to have a default account for all domain names pointed at my nameservers that don't have an account created for them?

What I'm trying to do is to get a bunch of my users to point their nameservers to my server, where I will host their content for them. All these users would point to the same directory, because the content displayed would be strictly based on the MySQL entries for that particular domain. But I don't want to have to manually create accounts for each of them, especially since part of the benefit for them would be the fact that the switch happens instantly.

Thanks in advance!
  2. MattDees

MattDees cPanel Product Owner
    Staff Member

Apr 29, 2005
    Houston, TX
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    To be perfectly honest, this type of thing is beyond the scope of what cpanel is designed to do.

When you setup a site as a dedicated IP it should served when a domain that does not a ServerAlias/Servername set in the httpd.conf for it is queried.

So, when those domains that point to your server are used, it will point to that single document root that you are looking to use.