The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Default apache page

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by Dillard, Sep 30, 2003.

1. Dillard

Dillard Well-Known Member

Don't know if anyone already noticed this, I did because my mailbox is filling up quite rapidly and my cellphone (remote server checking service which couldn't find the default apache page) went nuts (it's 2 AM here !!!) because the Cpanel guys decided to alter the default apache pages ....

I already asked them to undo this or give an option to restore the orginal situation..

===============================
    Since version R84, you created a default page for apache. I'm not so happy with this!

---------------------------------------------------------------

Tue Sep 30 13:40:05 EDT 2003
    8.x Build#84

install a default apache page if none exists

1) Visitors don't have to know what kind of panel we are using
    2) We use the default apache page as a check for an remote checking service.

We strongly prefer the old situation restored or at least have an option in tweak settings to alter this.

In general: I would prefer that Cpanel not to alter default pages on my servers as we rely on there existance... Now my remote checking system has broke :(
    ================================

Perhaps I sound moody, but I got jengled out of my bed at 2.00 AM in the morning, so I'm entitled to :)

Dillard

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number: 25016

2. Dillard

Dillard Well-Known Member

BTW: If anybody else has the same problems and want the cellphone to shut up :), just enter "rm /usr/local/apache/htdocs/index.html" and your problem will be solved ....

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number: