Default email account disk usage

mmaciel

Mar 25, 2019
Brazil
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello everyone.

I have some doubts about the default email account in cpanel. I've been looking to clear some disk space, as the usage is nearing 80%, and realized that the default account has over 30gb of mails on it. Now my doubt is, is it safe to clean this account? Will my users (and I) lose anything ? And as for the cleaning, is it as simple as deleting the "new" and "cur" folders via cpanel file manager ?

Appreciate any help.

24x7ss

Sep 30, 2014
India
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
Hello :) ,

The cPanel default email works as Catch all email address that means if enabled, it receives all the emails which are sent to non-existing email addresses.
It is also used for your Cron emails and for the PHP script emails. If any bounce back occurs, then the bounce back goes to default email address.
Before deleting, make sure to take backup if the emails are required and then delete the contents of "new" and "cur" directories.

Thanks.

Reactions: cPanelLauren

mmaciel

Mar 25, 2019
Brazil
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello :) ,

The cPanel default email works as Catch all email address that means if enabled, it receives all the emails which are sent to non-existing email addresses.
It is also used for your Cron emails and for the PHP script emails. If any bounce back occurs, then the bounce back goes to default email address.
Before deleting, make sure to take backup if the emails are required and then delete the contents of "new" and "cur" directories.

Thanks.
Thanks for the reply. I deleted those folders and when checking through cpanel disk manager, it shows me the newly freed space, but when looking through whm, it still shows me the old disk usage. Do you know what's going on ?

2019-09-26 07_48_11-.png

WHM still shows me the disk usage from before i deleted those folders:
2019-09-26 07_44_05-Window.png

terminal gives me this:
2019-09-26 07_42_19-Window.png

Any ideas on what's going on ?

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator: