The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

default enable SSL on Account Creation

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by cobi10, Jul 30, 2014.

1. cobi10

cobi10 Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi,
    i´m having a wildcard ssl zertificate installed on whm and create my accoutns per whm-api. Every account´s domain sould be a sub-domain of the Domain with the installed wildcard cert and be reachable via ssl.

Example:
    Wildcard-Zert on: "domain.com"

User1:
    Domain: user1.domain.com

User2:
    Domain: user2.domain.com

I want not to install the ssl-zertificate on user site cause the ssl-zert is already installed as wildcard and i want not to transfer any certs via api etc. It would be nice to change the user-createn template or any other sutable template to enable ssl on default by a account creation. This would lead to a correct entry in the apache vhosts file and ssl would be enabled.

thank you for your help!

Greeting
    cobi

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

You will need to install the SSL certificate individually on each domain name. You could likely complete the SSL installation through a post account creation hook, but SSL is not automatically enabled by default after installing a wildcard certificate on a separate account. You may find the following document helpful:

SSL FAQ

Thank you.