ferdinant40

Oct 3, 2018
Netherlands
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Hi Everyone,

Each time I try to create a new user the WHM script is creating the new site in
"/home/silver/maildir/[new username]" . Before it was always taken /home/ as default directory and would have created the site at "/home/[new username]".

I tried to overwrite this by setting the value below in Basic WebHost Manager® Setup to "/home" without success

"Enter the location where you wish for new users’ home directories to be created. By default all directories matching the "Home Directory Prefix" are checked for available disk space and the directory with the most free space will be used.'

I though maybe the value "/home/silver/maildir/" got stored in the data at "/var/cpanel/", but I couldn't find it after a search.

I have no clue why WHM thinks its need to use the directory "/home/silver/maildir/" and not just the "/home" which is set in the configuration screen.

Version information is this:

/etc/redhat-release:CentOS release 6.10 (Final)
/usr/local/cpanel/version:11.74.0.9
/var/cpanel/envtype:standard
CPANEL=release

Does anyone know why this might be the case?

Greetz,
Ferdinant

cPanelLauren

Product Owner II
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Hi @ferdinant40

This can be resolved by going to WHM>>Server Configuration>>Basic WebHost Manager Setup -> Additional home directories matching the following value will also be used for new home directory creations. (Leaving this value blank disables the feature.) Only mount points are considered. Remove the check from "home" and select the blank box leaving it blank - so as not to match additional directories with home in it.

Thanks!