The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Default home directory

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by its_joe, May 17, 2007.

1. its_joe

its_joe Well-Known Member

Hello,

In our WHM >> Basic cPanel/WHM Setup we have the Default Home Directory as /home . But the user accounts are created on /home2 . Why this is happening ??

/home2 is a directory on separate hard drive of the server. In the file /etc/wwwacct.conf also we have /home as a home diretory.

So please assist that other than WHM >> Basic cPanel/WHM Setup where should be the changes made on the server.

Waiting for the reply.

its_joe.

2. jayh38

jayh38 Well-Known Member

Accounts will be created on the partition with the largest available space currently. It will look at all directories labeled /home*

If you do not want this to happen, then mount the partition to something other than /home*

3. madcow774

madcow774 Member

OK, I have the same problem where I have the default home directory set to /home. I added a second drive & mounted it as /home2. I then moved a bunch of accounts to the server & they were setup in /home2.

I would like to move those accounts to /home & then mount /home2 as something else like /drive2. How can I move those accounts to /home?

4. madcow774

madcow774 Member

Searching through the forums I found that this can be done through
    Account Functions>>Rearrange accounts

When i moved an account to test it out I get this:
    Moving /home2/DOMAIN to /home/DOMAIN
    Editting /etc/passwd entry
    Editting httpd.conf entry
    Editting proftpd.conf entry
    Restarting ProFTPd
    Symlinking /home2/DOMAIN to /home/DOMAIN
    Restarting Apache
    Move Complete!

My question now is this, I see that rearranging the accounts creates a sym link from /home2/DOMAIN to the new location. Once i am done moving these accounts, I plan on remounting /home2 & mounting it as something else. Do I now need to recreate a /home2 with all the symlinks?