jimjoe

Jan 31, 2002
There used to be a place where i could add a custom index page that would get added to each account i create automatically.

I can't find that anymore. Is it gone from whm?

Thanks! Jim

Elena

Aug 10, 2001
California
Place an index file in /root/cpanel3-skel/public_html
I'm not running cpanel 6.4.0 so if the above doesn't help it might have been moved or changed. :confused:

jimjoe

Jan 31, 2002
Thanks Elena,

I'm not very technical, and i used to have a default page installed(before i accidentally deleted everything on my server).

So I'm thinking there must have been an option thru whm to add that index page (at least in the old version of whm i had).

Am i hallucinating, or maybe i hired someone to put that in there thru ssh and i don't remember?

prudhvik

Oct 16, 2002
Hi Guys,

We are using WHM/cpanel 6.2.0 you can upload your files to /root/cpanel3-skel/public_html , then all files will be copied to every new account created on that server.

Hope this helps :)

jimjoe

Jan 31, 2002
The default index page i loaded into /root/cpanel3-skel/public_html no longer works.

Could it be that when i changed from adding accounts as root to adding them as a reseller, i need to put this default index page in a different directory specifically for me as the "reseller"?

I'm on 8.4.0, but it stopped working b4 i upgraded from 7.x.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

Last edited:

jimjoe

Jan 31, 2002
Thanks!

How would i get to that directory?

PWSowner

Nov 10, 2001
ON, Canada
When you ftp to your account you should see the "public_html" directory as usual, and also see a "cpanel3-skel" directory. In that directory you will see it's own "public_html' directory which is where your default index page goes.

jimjoe

Jan 31, 2002
thanks for your help.

What is the path to get to the reseller home directory. I'm not really a reseller, so i don't know where the "home" directories are for the resellers. I'm the server owner, and i just thought i would create a "reseller" for myself, so i could brand cpanel with our logo.

thanks again, Jim

PWSowner

Nov 10, 2001
ON, Canada
The reseller home directory is the same as any other account. The reseller has a username, and the home directory is in:
/home/username/
so the directory you want would be in:
/home/username/cpanel3-skel/public_html