The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Default Install

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by Travis30384, Nov 14, 2009.

1. Travis30384

Travis30384 Guest

I'm going with an unmanaged centOS host, and they have options for cPanel being installed. If I get that installed, will it automatically include mySQL and PHP?

2. thewebhostingdi

thewebhostingdi Well-Known Member

No. You will have to manually install PHP and MySQL on your server. However, you can request them to install it for you on your server.

3. Travis30384

Travis30384 Guest

So centOS doesn't come with them installed?

4. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    This is incorrect. For more on the steps installing cPanel please check out the coduments located here: Advanced Options: cPanel Pre-Installation

5. Travis30384

Travis30384 Guest

So it DOES come with them installed, and if I wanted to install vbulletin on the server, all I'd have to do is use the mySQL wizard to set up the needed database?

6. bigal

bigal Member

If you follow the cpanel installation instructions, you'd have noticed that you only need to install basic CentOS.
    All required services to run cPanel will be installed after you run the cPanel install.

7. Shyam Mohammed

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Cpanel will include all the necessary services & software (apache,php,mysql,bind,curl..etc) with the installation and you just need to create the database via your cpanel >> phpmyadmin. You can set the privileges for the database and can use the same settings in your vbulletin installation.

8. cPanelGregK

cPanelGregK Administrator
    Staff Member

Greetings Travis,

Once cPanel is installed, you'll have a working Apache/PHP/MySQL setup from which you can login to cPanel and create a database, database user, and assign GRANTS to that user. During your installation, you may find that you need to install some additional PHP modules, which can be done via WHM >> EasyApache, or via SSH at /scripts/easyapache.

If you have any questions, or need assistance, don't hesitate to ask.