The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Default IP For All Resellers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wswd, Dec 21, 2011.

1. wswd

wswd Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi all,

Searched all over the place and couldn't really find anything. I'm setting up anonymous nameservers/IPs for my resellers. I assigned those nameservers 2 separate IP addresses. I would like all reseller accounts (and the accounts they create) to be created on one of those IPs.

I realize you can go back after the fact and manually change reseller IPs, what addresses their accounts go on, etc. Is there any way to either automate the process, or have it happen automatically when a reseller account is created by default?

Right now, they are all being created on our main IP (which points back to my company in tracert, etc.), unless I modify the reseller accounts after the fact.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

You can use the following option in Web Host Manager to configure the default IP address used when new accounts are created under a specific reseller:

"WHM >> Resellers >> Manage reseller's main/shared IP"

Thank you.

3. wswd

wswd Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi Michael,

I'm aware of that one, but that's not what I'm looking for, unfortunately. With the method you list, you have to change it manually after the fact, once the reseller's account has been created, and assign an IP for every reseller.

Is there any way to do it so that all resellers are automatically put on one IP address, and the normal shared clients are put on another?

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    To confirm, even though you have assigned that reseller a specific shared IP, accounts are still being created under the reseller with the main shared IP address of the server?

Thank you.

5. wswd

wswd Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    No. It works fine if I assign a specific shared IP to that reseller. I don't want to have to assign these manually every time a reseller signs up for our services.

That's what I'm asking. Is there any way to automatically assign resellers to a specific shared IP without having to do it manually every time a reseller signs up for our services?

Thanks

6. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Are you using our API currently for account creation and reseller placement on signup for accounts? If so, this would be best dealt with (and posted) in the cPanel Developers area of the forum. I do understand you basically want to do the following on account creation:

- create the account as a reseller
    - add a dedicated IP to the account
    - make that account's dedicated IP the reseller shared IP

Once you confirm those are your requirements and let us know how you are currently dealing with reseller account creation script-wise, I will move this thread to the correct location for assistance from our cPanel and WHM integration developers.

7. wswd

wswd Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi again, and Happy Holidays!

I'm actually using WHMCS to create the reseller accounts, though using an API isn't out of the question. I could always do some custom programming in that regard if it came down to it.

As far as the requests, that is mostly correct, except that I'm not looking to add a dedicated IP to each reseller account. I want all resellers to use a single dedicated IP, but not the same IP that is used by the standard shared hosting accounts.

Example:

Shared accounts would use 111.111.111.111
    All resellers and the accounts they create would use 111.111.111.112

Hope that helps, and thanks again.

Bryan