Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Default IPs are 10.x.x.x

Discussion in 'Workarounds and Optimization' started by m.eid, Apr 26, 2019.

Tags:
  1. m.eid

m.eid Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hi,
    I've got a new VPS from Godaddy and gave the configuration for ConfigServer team to do that with their integrated professional plugins, and when they have finished and began the using for the host, I've found the eth0 as the default adapter pointing to internal ips 10.x.x.x, while other adapter gave the external ip eth0:1, I've talked with ConfigServer team and they said they din't touch it, it doesn't make any issue, but cause I've found most of pointed ips are for same internal range, the resolvers and hostname ips and spf suggested record, I've changed the resolvers for CloudFlare DNS server 1.1.1.1 , 1.0.0.1 since domains DNS hosted there, and used spf record with external ip rather than the one it suggest, but I am confused if it is usually or I have to do something, everything work well but I want to ensure if that is healthy.
    Thank you in advance.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. m.eid

m.eid Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Is it a hosting provider responsibility (Godaddy at this case) or it is our responsibility as VPS admin managers?
    I mean, is it internally configurable or from the provider of these VPSs?

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello @m.eid,

1:1 NAT is typically configurable by the server administrator per the linked document, however your provider may have custom network rules or configurations enabled that affect whether the default 1:1 NAT configuration is supported. It's a good idea to consult with your provider first to see what's recommended and supported.

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...